The forum will be down Sunday November 18th starting at 6pm for maintenance.

after market products for TP9

Discussion and Reviews of Canik Aftermarket Products. Additionally, Share Products here that are designed for other brands, but proven to function with Canik Firearms.
tribalhunter
Founding Member #: 308

after market products for TP9

Post by tribalhunter » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:00 am

I purchased my TP9SFX end of Feb/early March 2018

so I started looking for upgrades.. not much out there really tho..
and wasn't much to upgrade after thinking about it... before actually using it..
so the only thing I bought initially...
A battle belt for 3gun, dual ghost tactical (Velcro under belt)
and found universal speed mag pouches on amazon 3x ..for 24.99

then I thought well it takes reflex sites.. find a cheap one.. to see if I am going to like it over irons.

1st purchase
ADE reflex site.. 44.95 shipped off ebay
used the #1 slide, had to shave some off the back bottom edge of the ADE sight so it would sit right .. as the squared edge of the slot was making the site ride up.
other then that .. sight was fine.. .held zero .. over 300 rounds at the range and 200 rounds first day on 3gun course.
really the canik was the highlight for me that day, 1000+ seconds for 6 stages, failures on my 12ga, issues with my rifle.. if it weren' for the canik, the day would not have been fun.

2nd purchase:
redhill tactical kydex competition holster with teklok
holster is good, not more then getting a kydex owb made for your canik.. so nothing special, just solid.
teklok belt connecter.. . leaves a lot to be desired.. it definitely is .. you get what you pay for...
I then purchased an aluminum gcode hanger from a guy on ebay... 27.00 .. put the holster right where I wanted it.. gave me room for the charging handle ..

3rd item
Sprinco PPQ/Q5 match recoil management kit.. .white spring and steel rod
wow... 2.5 to 2.9 lb trigger.. literally took a over a pound off the pull

4th item
glock firing pin spring kit..used the 6lb spring..
2.0 to 2.2 lb trigger pull .. ridiculous never owned a weapon like this before!

5th item
Applied Arsenal magwell.
great idea, .. plastic .. not so much.. it broke on me, split right in the center of the front portion, I literally ran with it for 2 months with superglue and baling wire.
the upside is this magwell works with your existing canik mags .. down side: its fragile.. its plastic... if you miss with a reload .. your mag hits the well, could crack it..
or you drop your pistol.. magwell hits first..it may crack the magwell, for awhile it was the only game in town, now its not. However as mentioned in a response post..
AAF is starting an aluminum magwell line.. no idea when, but if it can use the stock mags, it will be in the running!

6th item
Freedomsmith USA .. big daddy flat trigger...
wow, probably the most impressive upgrade to a gun ever... I mean I put in a giselle trigger on my scar .. and it was great... not as great as the flat trigger on my canik..
.. putting it on the canik and dry firing .. it just make you LOL, like a kid with a new toy .. just a dramatic difference.

7th purchase
ok ADE reflex .. proved to me I like the reflex sight.. so off it goes as a backup..
purchase the burris fastfire III 3moa red dot... sighted it in.. .. super nice.... love it.!

8th purchase..arrived 7/5
Taylor freelance aluminmum magwell and 2x +4 base plate...
ok .. these are just super cool, and replaced the AAF broken plastic magwell.. super smooth on mag changes... well worth it.
Last edited by tribalhunter on Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Ghostwolf308
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 009

Re: after market products for TP9

Post by Ghostwolf308 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:37 pm

Applied Arsenal is coming out with an Aluminum mag-well here soon.
0 x

tribalhunter

Post by tribalhunter » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:13 pm

don't get me wrong I used AAF's magwell up till the point the taylor freelance showed up, and it was still working well, even with the wire and glue.. beats no magwell hands down,
the draw back for TF is that you have to use their base plates..which is more money, but you do get increased capacity .. I would rather have an aluminum version off AAF's magwell
and used the standard mec-gar with +2 ... hope they get that available soon.
Last edited by tribalhunter on Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

tribalhunter

Post by tribalhunter » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:57 pm

so worked with the "yellow" spring from sprinco .. its pretty damn strong, nearly the same level, something like 85%-90% of the OEM spring that comes with your Tp9SFx.
I ended up putting it on my buddies TP9SFX and using a 5lb glock firing pin spring, we will be putting some rounds down range this week with that configuration, and will be able to do a side by side
comparison between the his yellow config and my white spring+6lb glock firing spring config.
0 x