The forum will be down Sunday November 18th starting at 6pm for maintenance.

Hi there from germany

Discussion section for owners of the Canik Firearm brand throughout Europe.
co-moi

Hi there from germany

Post by co-moi » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:51 am

Hallo from Germany,

i am using my Canik TP9 SFX for 9 mm shooting.
The challange I shoot is 20 rounds precision from 25 meters and 20 rounds "fast" shooting (5 rounds in 20 sec.) from 25 meters.
It is only allowed to load 5 rounds in the Magazin, so you have 4 series at each step.

https://www.dsb.de/sport/disziplinen/pi ... erpistole/

For my person I am 30 years old, own my canik for nearly 2 years. Inside polished, LPA full fibre sights and a hand grip.
Actual i am looking for a fatdaddy trigger.

The ammonition i prefere is the S&B 124 gramm non-tox.
3 x

Broxson
Founding Member #: 303

Re: Hi there from germany

Post by Broxson » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:36 am

Hi, welcome to the forum.
0 x
“If guns cause crime, then all of mine are defective.” - Ted Nugent
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” - Thomas Jefferson

higgybaby
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 015

Post by higgybaby » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:46 am

Welcome co-moi....
Was in Germany once, back in the 60's. Was a cadet on the SS Adabelle Lykes. Had a fellow cadet on the ship from Hoistdorf (?..not sure about the spelling) went to Hamburg, Bremenhavan. Ate a lot of sausage and mustard...and lots of beer!
0 x

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

Post by TL1000RSquid » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:07 pm

Welcome, is the Canik your only gun?
0 x

Bchasse99
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 351

Post by Bchasse99 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:38 pm

Welcome.. guten tag... Greetings from across the pond... I served in Germany for 4 years in the early 90s.. at Ramstein AB.. know just a little bit of German.

TP9SFX.. great comp gun for the price... Freedomsmith FatDaddy trigger is awesome
0 x
Brian Chasse
U.S Air Force , SMSgt (Ret)

Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 999

Post by Badgerboy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:40 pm

Welcome to the forum. I travel to Germany a few time a year for work...in fact, I am headed to Hannover on Saturday. Germany is nice, but work is work!
0 x
It just goes to show...wherever you go, there you are! :-?

3375 Mr Unice
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by 3375 Mr Unice » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:37 pm

Welcome, Where in Germany? I will be there The end of the month. for a nephews Wedding.
0 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:25 pm

Welcome to the forum. I was briefly in Germany when I was in the Army. Keep us posted how the SFx performs for you. I had a Fat Daddy trigger recently installed in my SFx and it is excellent. Definitely an upgrade you'll be very happy with.
0 x

6712 halit

Post by 6712 halit » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:06 am

Welcome

We have similar "base" challenges in Sweden.
0 x

Father of 5
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Father of 5 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:46 am

Hello and welcome to Canik Fanatik!
0 x

co-moi

Post by co-moi » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:49 am

Thanks to all of you. Yes my Canik ist my only Pistol and I have a Anschütz Match KK Rifle for "english match" (50 meters).

I ordered right now the Ghost Inc Glock spring tuning kit,
to change the plunger spring and my firing pin spring.
The plunger safety is going to be polished.

The canik tp9sfx is in my opinion the best gun you can get. I shooted CZ75B, USP 9mm & .45, tanfolgio, colt and so on. So i like glock but for my competition it is not the first gun even the Walther PPQ. So in the canik i have all these things i like on the other guns.
But the TP9 SFX has some points i don't like so much like the trigger and now i have read here that i am not alone with my preferences.
2 x

Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Badgerboy » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:11 am

Just got back from Germany on a business trip. One of my Taxi drivers didn't speak English, and he asked if I speak Deutsch...I said no, so then he asked if I spoke Turkish, Slavic, and a few others...long story made short, he was Turkish, so of course I asked him if he heard of Canik pistols. He knew of Canik, but not Sarsilmaz...
1 x

6712 halit

Post by 6712 halit » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:13 pm

Badgerboy wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:11 am
Just got back from Germany on a business trip. One of my Taxi drivers didn't speak English, and he asked if I speak Deutsch...I said no, so then he asked if I spoke Turkish, Slavic, and a few others...long story made short, he was Turkish, so of course I asked him if he heard of Canik pistols. He knew of Canik, but not Sarsilmaz...
You made me laugh as usuall.
Funny thing he knew Canik but not Sarsilmaz since Sarsilmaz was known b4 Canik "show up".

To make it a little funny, Sarsilmaz meaning is "not shakeable" or "holding ground"
0 x

co-moi

Post by co-moi » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:08 pm

Canik is here not very well known. One of my shooting team members told me about the canik because we talked about Glock and how sad she is for our competition. So I started asking google and i found a article in the magazin Visir. This made me very interesting, even i have been studying in this time so the money was rare and i want to get my own gun. And i saw her and i thought yeah that it is! With the price i paid i've been very happy.

Today I got my new springs and damn she feels so good, polished everything, pluger polished and spring changed. This changes make it really awesome 24 Euros with shipping!
The trigger goes so crisp, no precrapping before he breaks! And so much lighter than the original. I will mess how many weight the trigger pull is and come back to you!
TRY IT OUT!!!

Image Image Image Image Image Image
1 x

Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Badgerboy » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:33 pm

Another funny (or maybe ironic is the better term) thing is that the German colleagues I work with, and there are many, all perceive guns as evil and think us Americans all crazy for wanting them. I make sure to tell them how much I like my Sigs and my H&K...as well as my other European guns...Turkish, Italian, Spanish, Serbian, Bulgarian and Austrian...not to mention my American guns. Yep, they think I am crazy...maybe that is a good thing with folks you have to work with... 8-}
3 x

co-moi

Post by co-moi » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:13 am

Thats true germans really have a bad releationship to guns, because they think firearms kill people and not people does. So it happens that people don't talk to you anymore if they know you are a firearm owner, later if you tell them you're doing competitions it get better, sometimes. At the other hand here it is not necessery to wear a gun for self-defense. So your gun only goes with you from your safe to the range and back to the safe. Nowhere else and only the shortest way you can go, the law says you are even not allowed to fuel up your car or something else.

Even officers I think have only two mandatory shooting dates in a year, which is in my opinion a very sad thing!

I want to show you the pictures which where out of sync in my cloud.

Image Image

You can see where the slide lays on everything cleaned up.
I prefer Freischütz Gold Waffenöl, NO Ceramics, NO Silicon, NO nano particles!
1 x

Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Badgerboy » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:52 am

There are a few threads that talk about lube and protection products...they are always fun to read and participate...you have some folks that are very passionate about what they use and others that feel engine oil is all you need, and specific gun oils are marketing ploys. I use Frog Lube with no issues, but also have fun making my own "witches brew" with various oil cocktails. I work in the Powder Metal industry, so have access to some neat solid lubricants as well, including graphite, MoS2, WS2 and others. I play with these sometimes in my cars, guns, etc.
1 x

co-moi

Post by co-moi » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:43 am

I think oil is the right thing in this part i also learned in the last half year a much in the lubrication and oil analytics. So i prefer the theory to have something which protects my gun best and which gets totaly renewed after some time, even the best way you get the dirt away in your gun is to clean it away with the oil you used. So there are actually no tensides e.g. shampoos etc. necessery but for the heavy cleaning i yesterday bought a foam to test it. "MILFOAM Forrest" anyone know?
1 x

6712 halit

Post by 6712 halit » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:51 am

Everybody use their own style of cleaning their wepons.

A friend in my club bought a used Sphnix. At the range he had issues after every single shot such as stow pipe and so.
The gun did not cykle properly. After a while he walked up to me and asked what could be wrong.
I am NOT a gun smith and i am NOT a pro on any gun models. BUT i am handy and love to solve problems.

I asked him to fieldstrip the gun and hand it over. I could clearly see that the gun had not been properly cleaned.
I put in the barrel to the slide and tryed to move it back and forth. It was like the two parts wanted to stick on to each other like there was glue between them. I asked him if he did clean the gun and he said yes and he said that he done it so properly and detailed he could...

I fealdstripped my SFx and asked him to slide the barrel back and forth and asked him to tell me the difference with his gun.
He said " there is no differens".
My barrel slides allmost without any friction inside the slide.

I took a rag out of my bag and whiped inside the slide of his gun.
After some whiping, when i felt that the friction was much less, i told him to put the gun together and try if it cycles.
And it did!
This dude have been owning guns since Columbus sailed over the pawn and found America... LOL

An other Glock guy had an issue at a competition. When another club member asked him when he had cleaned his gun last time he said , "its a Glock! No need to clean it!"

I use kerosene (lamp oil), synthetic engine oil, CLP break free, cleaning alcohol. Air in can for computers is allso a good thing.
I love to take my guns apart and look for damage and/ or wearing.

Make the gun cleaning to a habbit.
I would say, if it works for you, just do it!
0 x

co-moi

Post by co-moi » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:33 am

True, do what you want and everything is fine
1 x