Second muzzle brake session.

Canik Firearm Reviews and Range Reports. Share your Canik experiences with other members.
Retiredtrooper
Founding Member #: 3871

Second muzzle brake session.

Post by Retiredtrooper » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:53 pm

Installed 11# recoil spring. First shot with 147gr Freedom ammo ejected, but barely. I thought just MAYBE it would work, but 6/12 failed to eject. Thinking that the spring needed some breaking in, I ran 125 rounds of Speer Lawman, which ran perfectly. Switched back to the Freedom.....same old same old. :roll: I can now do one of two things, either buy hotter ammo, or heat up the brake and remove it altogether. The reason for this is that I'm literally setting on a hoard of the Freedom, which will run fine in this gun without the brake. It also cycles my G19 without fail. I went to WalMart this morning and picked up 900 rounds of 124gr Winchester NATO which I'm going to give a run tomorrow. If the accuracy is there, I may run this until I can't get any more, THEN drop the brake. Things are really up in the air right now. More to report after the next session. BTW, had re-installed the brake using Loctite 246 which took the heat and didn't loosen up a bit.
0 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599
CF Member: 7599

Re: Second muzzle brake session.

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:54 pm

Thx for the range report.
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

ImageImage