Old forum topics

Canik Fanatik Forum Information and Announcements.
Ghostwolf308
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 009

Old forum topics

Post by Ghostwolf308 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:59 am

*Please read carefully*

We understand moving to the new forum is hard because of all the good information that we were unable to migrate to the new forum. So in this thread we would like to start a list of threads that you feel are important enough that they should be copied over to this new forum.

NOW WITH THAT SAID BEFORE POSTING A THREAD PLEASE READ ALL PREVIOUS POSTS.

This will save us from wasting time trying to copy threads that have already been mentioned or copied. Also we would appreciate any volunteers that are willing to help copy info from the old forum to the new forum. If you are interested in helping out please feel free to pm the admin team and let us know. Then we can either give you a thread or you can choose one to to work one copying. Again thank you for your patience while we get the new forum finished and get the data copied over!
0 x

Bournetogun

Re: Old forum topics

Post by Bournetogun » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:06 pm

A while ago CA sent me a lighter recoil spring at my request (slide was not locking back consistently no matter was ammo with TP9SFL). They were awesome and responded immediately. I was told there would be no other modifications needed, just swap out for the lighter spring. The gun great and eats any and all ammo locking back on the last round routinely now. I am a range rat, not shooting in competitions. With the lighter spring, after the slide cycles, there is "slide play" front to back. The gun stays in battery though and cycles fine. Do I need a heavier firing pin spring now? If it ain't broke don't try and fix it? I don't notice it at the range at all, but when dry fire practicing it is noticeable. I know there was an old thread about this I think from Frank the Tank
0 x

matterandpsyche

Post by matterandpsyche » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:19 am

the old forum threads about adjusting the trigger on the TP9SFx
0 x

Ghostwolf308
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 009

Post by Ghostwolf308 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:49 pm

matterandpsyche wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:19 am
Ill see if i can dig it up. I know @Weapon redid the modifications thread. Might have info in there on it.
1 x

matterandpsyche

Post by matterandpsyche » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:19 am

Thanks
0 x

Weapon
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 005

Post by Weapon » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:15 pm

matterandpsyche wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:19 am
If you are looking for the one on spring tuning and polishing to reduce the trigger pull, its in the mods and upgrades thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=21

I think all of it got moved but I will double check
1 x

Weapon
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 005

Post by Weapon » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:16 pm

Bournetogun wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:06 pm
A while ago CA sent me a lighter recoil spring at my request (slide was not locking back consistently no matter was ammo with TP9SFL). They were awesome and responded immediately. I was told there would be no other modifications needed, just swap out for the lighter spring. The gun great and eats any and all ammo locking back on the last round routinely now. I am a range rat, not shooting in competitions. With the lighter spring, after the slide cycles, there is "slide play" front to back. The gun stays in battery though and cycles fine. Do I need a heavier firing pin spring now? If it ain't broke don't try and fix it? I don't notice it at the range at all, but when dry fire practicing it is noticeable. I know there was an old thread about this I think from Frank the Tank
A lighter RSA might actually need a lighter striker spring. I use the 6.5lb Ghost Glock striker spring.

Heavy striker spring + light RSA = bad slide juju
0 x

matterandpsyche

Post by matterandpsyche » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:38 am

yes found the moved threads good stuff
0 x