lighter recoil spring

Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
Bournetogun

lighter recoil spring

Post by Bournetogun » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:56 pm

A while ago CA sent me a lighter recoil spring at my request (slide was not locking back consistently no matter was ammo with TP9SFL). They were awesome and responded immediately. I was told there would be no other modifications needed, just swap out for the lighter spring. The gun great and eats any and all ammo locking back on the last round routinely now. I am a range rat, not shooting in competitions. With the lighter spring, after the slide cycles, there is "slide play" front to back. The gun stays in battery though and cycles fine. Do I need a heavier firing pin spring now? If it ain't broke don't try and fix it? I don't notice it at the range at all, but when dry fire practicing it is noticeable. I know there was an old thread about this but I could not find it.
Any advice?
0 x

NWcityguy2

Re: lighter recoil spring

Post by NWcityguy2 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:28 pm

I wouldn't worry about it, the gun is functional after all. Mine is the same way after switching to a Glock Gen 3 recoil assembly and using a 13lbs spring. The gun won't fire out of battery, if the slide is slightly back. I have had this happen when I have been riding my thumb on the slide and it hasn't fully closed. Just a click, no boom, no indent of the primer of the round.

The other option would be to switch back to the old spring and break it in more. Doing stuff like keeping the slide locked back for a few days and doing to hand cycling should do the trick. That was common before there was a lighter spring from Century, and people didn't want to swap out assemblies.
1 x