The Elite Combat is almost here!

Focused Discussions for all Canik Firearms. (TP Series, P Series, Shark, Stingray & MKEK)
ncjw

Re: The Elite Combat is almost here!

Post by ncjw » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:25 pm

Exactly. Aftermarket sights and threaded barrel on a stock $460 SFX would be what?- $200-250 extra?

And you have a spare barrel and sights left over.

It doesn't make sense. These may be like grey market imported LP's in the old days....
0 x

choplifter

Post by choplifter » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:44 am

Here is a picture of the MSRP of the Elite Combat. It does have the suppressor height sights but I would be hard pressed to see the price increase to the $850 range by going to the Salient sights.

0 x

TL1000RSquid
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 007

Post by TL1000RSquid » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:09 am

So it'll probably sell for $500ish the first couple months then down to upper 400's. Good price, I would buy one if it cowitnessed.
0 x

ncjw

Post by ncjw » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:27 am

Unfortunately, co-witnessing is out on the Elite Combat, it is RMR or iron, not both.

And so if one wanted to attach a muzzle brake/compensator instead of a suppressor, you would have to remove it every time that you cleaned it, so you would have to re-time the position of the muzzle brake every time you put it back on. If that is anything like timing an AR flash suppressor, it doesn't sound like much fun.
0 x

choplifter

Post by choplifter » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:21 am

This is also true of several other pistols as well, e.g. Walther PPQ Q4 Tac, Sig P320 M17. I do wish they kept the use of the irons and an red dot. I run a SFx with a red dot and was hoping the Elite Combat would address the iron/red dot issue. Still interested in the pistol and look forward to it.
0 x

Father of 5
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Father of 5 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:54 pm

Check this video out, showcases all of Canik's current line, including what will likely be sold here as the elite combat as well as a version of the SFX called the SFX METE. I'm more interested in it than the elite combat. I wish this video had subtitles or I could understand Turkish. Seems like Canik is really listening to what customers are wanting, and developing products to fit those preferences. I think Canik will likely dominate the market within the next few years if other gun companies don't step up their game.
Last edited by Father of 5 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Janik
Staff Member
Founding Member #: 001

Post by Janik » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:06 pm

Father of 5 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:54 pm
I think Canik will dominate the market in a few years if other gun companies don't step up their game.
That's what I'm hoping for. Like you said, they really do listen to their customer base. They have switched things around mid-production based on end user feedback. And when there's a problem, Canik/Century doesn't try to bury or ignore it like some manufacturers. They step up, fix it and make things right with their customers. I've never been excited about a firearm brand like I am with Canik. The ergos and triggers are outstanding, and the accuracy is pretty damn good. Now if Canik would build a facility here in the U.S., they could take a bigger share of the market.
1 x

Father of 5
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Father of 5 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:16 pm

I think they would likely start getting a lot of law enforcement contracts if they built a facility here in the states. I vote for a facility here in Indiana... ☺👍haha... I won't hold my breath though.
1 x

Janik
Staff Member

Post by Janik » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:23 pm

Father of 5 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:16 pm
I think they would likely start getting a lot of law enforcement contracts if they built a facility here in the states. I vote for a facility here in Indiana... ☺👍haha... I won't hold my breath though.
I've heard rumor of a facility in Florida or Colorado, but that's all it is, a rumor. I do wonder though, since CanikUSA is suppose to begin to operate independently from Century Arms someday, if they will produce here in the U.S. and offer more compacts. I suppose Vermont where the other facility is could be a possible location as well.
0 x

Father of 5
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Father of 5 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:30 pm

When I lived in northern Illinois/southern Wisconsin there were small machine shops everywhere in the Rockford/Beloit area. I'm sure if they built a facility in that region they wouldn't have any trouble finding qualified machinist to manufacture components. Of course, I would recommend staying out of Illinois because of the high taxes and unfriendly politics.
2 x

madmikes262

Post by madmikes262 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:03 pm

Is the Combat that much better than the SF Elite?
0 x

Janik
Staff Member

Post by Janik » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:10 pm

madmikes262 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:03 pm
Is the Combat that much better than the SF Elite?
Actually not sure yet since it's not available. But, what was appealing (to me anyway) is the flat trigger, flared magwell and the RMR capability. I really have no need for a threaded barrel or suppressor ready sights, but it's a feature that is offered with it. For me personally, the flat trigger and RMR is what I'm most interested in. I love my original Elites, and I don't see me getting rid of them anytime soon. They are some of the best shooting guns I've ever owned.
0 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator
Founding Member #: 7599
CF Member: 7599

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:25 am

If the Hearing Protection Act (H.R. 367 / S. 59) or Title XV of the SHARE Act (H.R. 3668) ever get enacted, the Elite Combat just became a prime target to buy.

Cost of suppressors will go low as the markets open up and the demand skyrockets. Capitalism is a wonderful thing.
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

ImageImage

Badgerboy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Founding Member #: 999

Post by Badgerboy » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:36 am

Father of 5 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:30 pm
When I lived in northern Illinois/southern Wisconsin there were small machine shops everywhere in the Rockford/Beloit area. I'm sure if they built a facility in that region they wouldn't have any trouble finding qualified machinist to manufacture components. Of course, I would recommend staying out of Illinois because of the high taxes and unfriendly politics.
I knew you were a smart guy! Now, if only you could figure out how that father-thing happens before you need to change your name to "6".
0 x
My boss said "have a nice day...", so I left work and came here. \:d/

John_

Post by John_ » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:21 am

LT USN (Ret.) wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:25 am
If the Hearing Protection Act (H.R. 367 / S. 59) or Title XV of the SHARE Act (H.R. 3668) ever get enacted, the Elite Combat just became a prime target to buy.

I read recently the HPA of 2017 is pretty much dead now. Repubs control the federal legislature branch, if it was going to happen that was the best shot.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-con ... ll-actions]
1 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:24 am

One can only but hope, and contact your legislators.
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

ImageImage

ncjw

Post by ncjw » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:53 am

YES!

The SF Mete-S is what I am looking for, so it is nice to see it being openly marketed above and beyond the Turkish Naval contract that they had (I was afraid that it may have been a customer configuration). So thanks for finding the video. Interestingly, it was demo'd with a very low RMR, certainly not a Viper or Venom. It will be interesting to see if it still co-witnesses with Vortex when it gets to the states. They may need the higher sights, which wouldn't be a problem for me at all, in fact, I would be open to aftermarket back up sights to get the other features.

The SFX Mete would also be fine if it had a -S option. As stated above, the SFX is excellent, but Canik continued to improve the SFX with the more forward RMR mount and the loaded chamber indicator. Adding a -S option seems like an easy additional feature. I have no problem having two SFX's if the new one was an SFX Mete-S.

Lastly, on the Hearing Protection Act, recall that the original argument that was used to make suppressors a regulated device was to prevent poaching, as the "silencers" would not allow game wardens to locate poachers. Ridiculous, I know, but this was 1930's politics and it has been abused ever since. As above, if the Reps lose the House, say goodbye to any chance of HPA passing. I have shot suppressed weapons and they absolutely protect hearing above any other consideration for me. They are also unwieldy, make a pistol very front heavy, almost impossible to conceal, and currently very expensive, so the disadvantages outweigh the advantages. If they were unregulated, they would be much, much cheaper (after a brief shortage as the current manufacturers sold out quickly) and very useful at the range. My 2 cents.
1 x

Th3maninblak

Post by Th3maninblak » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:46 am

Yeah it looks RMR ready. I'm guessing you'll be able to snag it at a gunshop for $600-$700, which for that level of pistol seems fine. Canik has their carry flagship and full sized competition models, but they've been lacking a "high end" pistol.

Also I know very little about compensators. Theoretically, would ANY comp/break for 9mm pistols that fits the thread work?
0 x

LT USN (Ret.)
Global Moderator

Post by LT USN (Ret.) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:41 pm

Th3maninblak wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:46 am
Theoretically, would ANY comp/break for 9mm pistols that fits the thread work?
From earlier threads, the thread on the barrel is not going to be the US standard 1/2x28. It will be metric and an adapter will be required for a 1/2x28 suppressor.

But, until we see one, who knows for sure.
0 x
LT

Go Navy! Beat Army!

ImageImage

Janik
Staff Member

Post by Janik » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:17 pm

LT USN (Ret.) wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:41 pm
Th3maninblak wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:46 am
Theoretically, would ANY comp/break for 9mm pistols that fits the thread work?
From earlier threads, the thread on the barrel is not going to be the US standard 1/2x28. It will be metric and an adapter will be required for a 1/2x28 suppressor.

But, until we see one, who knows for sure.
I thought I read that they changed it to 1/2x28, though I could be incorrect.
0 x